Rachel's Reviews > The It Girl's Guide to Blogging with Moxie

419307
May 16, 08

bookshelves: non-fiction, self-help, geekery
Read in April, 2008

I won this book in a raffle at SXSW Interactive. Lucky, because I was just interested enough to want to read it, but not enough to pay for it!

This book is an odd mixture of practical, useful information and highly annoying, super girly references a la Sex and the City. I'm not saying it was totally dumbed-down, just... good info with bad makeover. I appreciate knowing the scoop on blog hosting services, but I don't need to know how not to break a nail while I do it, or how to make a martini afterwards.

I liked the part about BlogHer, but these authors write as if girls only blog about fashion, knitting, and being a mom. Oh, and how to make martinis. Overall, it was nice to have all this info in one place, but I'm sure there are many sites on the internet that will tell you the same things, without leaving you feeling slightly insulted. I don't know if these girls are really like this or just trying to sell books, but as a woman, I don't feel the need to make up for my geekiness by being hyper-feminine.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The It Girl's Guide to Blogging with Moxie.