Heather 's Reviews > Pumpkin Roll

Pumpkin Roll by Josi S. Kilpack

Sep 26, 11

bookshelves: for-review, own-paperback
Read from September 20 to 26, 2011

Don't ask me how I have gone so long without reading one of Josi Kilpack's culinary mysteries, but I have obviously been missing out on all the fun. Pumpkin Roll is absolutely perfect for Fall and Halloween! Set in Jamaica Plain, a small township of Boston it is close to heart of the Salem Witch Trials. Things get spooky fast for Sadie and boyfriend Pete who are on vacation together while watching Pete's grandchildren. Between light bulbs exploding, strange faces in the window, night time visitors and the witch across the street who is always digging in her yard, Sadie is sure there's a mystery to be unraveled. In her nosy neighbor way she offers a plate of cookies to Mrs. Wapple and is determined to figure out why she's so strange. But danger lurks around the fence!

With mouthwatering recipes for cookies, whoopie pies, clam chowder and cinnamon twists, Pumpkin Roll is one you don't want to read while hungry! Sadie will have you itching to bake and trying to put together all the little clues behind this who done it. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and would recommend it to all readers as a must have before Halloween. The atmospheric creepy tone is topped off with lots of comfort foods for a perfect combination. Now that I've discovered The Sadie Hoffmiller Culinary Mystery Series I can't wait for Banana Split coming in Spring 2012. Thanks so much to Deseret Book for sending me Pumpkin Roll!

Content: some violence and creepiness

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pumpkin Roll.