Brandi's Reviews > It's Not Summer Without You

It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han

Oct 31, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, love-triangle, multi-pov, own, favorites
Read on October 31, 2011

It’s Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han picks up at Belly’s next summer. Since the events of last summer Belly has been on one wild emotional ride. She thinks she has her summer plans all figured out, but when you involve the Fisher boys nothing is set in stone.

Since the death of Susannah nothing has been the same. Not her, her mother, not Jeremiah, and certainly not Conrad. Dealing with the grief from their loss has been difficult for Belly. Conrad keeps sending her mixed messages, her mother is distant, Jeremiah isn’t there, and Taylor just doesn’t understand. Planning for her first summer away from Cousins Beach doesn’t exactly have Belly jumping for joy, because that’s where she wants to be the most. Then out of the blue Jeremiah calls her with the news that Conrad is missing. It’s off to Cousins Beach once again. This summer will be the one to change Belly’s life forever.

I just can’t get enough of this series. Jenny Han has me reading them over and over. Every time I read them it sends me on a girly, emotional, crying, and heartbreaking ride. I liked this this installment, it follows the flashback format of the previous book, but still stays unique by showing insights into Jeremiah’s point of view. I have to admit I found myself crying in this one too. At the end of this book I found myself heartbroken and hopeful all at the same time.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Not Summer Without You.

10/31/2011 page 288