Garen Strasburg's Reviews > Gone

Gone by Michael  Grant

U_50x66
Dec 13, 11

bookshelves: young-adult-lit-class

One day, inexplicably, all of the adults (everyone over the age of 14) suddenly disappears. Sam is 13 and left to try to put order in this new found world. Younger children are afraid and hungry. Older children are rebelling and bullying. And the biggest question is: What happened? The weirdest thing about the whole thing is that some of the children seemed to have developed supernatural powers to cope with the craziness. Will they use their powers for good or evil? Sam is pushed into reluctant leadership with the girl he likes and tries to fight against those children who seek to be unjust in a dystopian society of children.

I felt that this book went slow at times, but for the most part was very interesting. The end was a little odd, but I think it was meant to set up for the rest of the series (which I haven't read yet). Grant definitely leaves a lot of questions to be answered, which I really like, as long as he eventually answers them. I like Sam's character. He seems like a good-hearted protagonist who won't let desperation change him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone.