Alli's Reviews > 31 Dates in 31 Days

F_50x66
Sep 21, 11

bookshelves: currently-reading
Read from September 21 to 19, 2011

I loved it! I loved it! Who doesn’t love a good 1st date story. At some point, we have all sat with friends, laughing and cringing, about our own 1st dates. In 31 Dates in 31 Days, Tamara takes us on the ultimate dating adventure; 30 first or blind dates, in a row (without a second date until day 31)!
There is something terrifying and thrilling about going out with a complete or near stranger for the first time. You never quite know what you are going to get. Will it be boring or uncomfortable? Will we have anything to talk about? Will we have any common interests? Will I feel self-conscious, or will he put me at ease. Will something happen where I make a fool of myself or will I make a good first impression? Will he be someone I don’t even want to spend the evening with, or will I want to spend the rest of my life with him? Will he like me? Do I want him to like me?
As Tamara embarks on this dating project, she hopes that she can figure out what she has been doing wrong. Now she has 31 opportunities to relearn how to date. The task is both physically and emotionally difficult, but as she takes the time open up, reserve judgment, and look for the best in each man, she learns to respect, appreciate, and many times, really connect with them. She mostly learns about herself, and how to have hope for the future.
I couldn’t wait to start each chapter to read about her next dating adventure in New York City. Would it be terrible or thrilling?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 31 Dates in 31 Days.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Michal awesome review, alli! i couldn't agree more.