Jac (For Love and Books)'s Reviews > 1225 Christmas Tree Lane

1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber

Sep 20, 2011

Read on September 20, 2011

I suppose I should start by letting you know this was my first adventure into Cedar Cove! (Really, somehow - despite being an avid romance reader for ten years now, I'd never read a Cedar Cove book.) I suppose kind of silly to read the final installment first! But none the less? I enjoyed it and now plan to go back and read the rest of the series.

I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the regurgitation of previous characters. I typically love that part of series romance novels, but this was a bit overwhelming the way she just dumped all the previous characters on us. It seemed as though she was trying too hard, and I expected it to be a bit more subtle from Debbie Macomber.

I absolutely loved Beth from the moment she first appeared on the screen of my Kindle. She's a divorcee who purchased the Christmas Tree Farm in Cedar Cove (how fun would it be to live on a Christmas Tree farm?? ) and on the side helps to rescue stray animals.

I loved that this was the story of children plotting to get their divorced parents back together; when I'd read that in the synopsis I was worried that it would be one big cliche after another! (Having a few friends with divorced parents, I have witnessed the heart break that this expectation can carry.) But throw in some adorable puppies, and witty writing and you have a great story!

I give 1225 Christmas Tree Lane by Debbie Macomber 4 hearts, and can't wait to read the rest of the series! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Now go, pick it up yourself on September 27 to get in the holiday mood!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 1225 Christmas Tree Lane.