Trini's Reviews > Pure

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Jan 31, 2012

bookshelves: to-read
Read from January 18 to 31, 2012

Pure is full of action, drama, and passion. Jennifer did not disappoint with the second book in this series. I love reading books with strong female characters and Alex certainly kicks butt in this one.

Alexandra(Alex) Andros is strong and brave and so very entertaining to read. In this book she still has tons of obstacles to over come and emotions to control. She is pretty busy because her training time has tripled in order for her to catch up with her classmates and graduate on time. One of the trainings is with Seth, the Apollyon and the other with Aiden, a Sentinel so that she gets a well rounded knowledge of how to obliterate the Daimons. She has so much to deal with and her future is still uncertain. But, she keeps it together and finds solace in the most unexpected person, Seth. Alex and Seth's relationship blossoms it this book and it is so much fun to watch. Even though he can be arrogant and egotistical most of the time you get to see the more tender, caring side of him here with Alex.

We meet new Pures (some nicer than others) when Alex is summons to Catskills where the New York Covenant resides. She must testify to the details of her abduction with the Daimons and speak of their plot to infiltrate the Covenants, take out the council and enslave the Pure bloods. But, not all is what it seems and once Alex is in court and the integration beings tension quickly escalates when she is accused of the unthinkable.

There is non stop action and a maze worth of twist and turns. It was exhilarating to read. One of the things I was most excited about was the Furies. I was at the edge of my seat waiting to see what they would do once hell broke loose and it was totally worth the wait once I got to see them in action. Jennifer L. Armentrout has done a great job at keeping me glued to these pages and wanting so much more. I fell in love with all these characters and this series is now one my favorites. I'm on pins and needles now waiting for Deity. I can't wait to get my hands on it and see what happens next.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pure.

Quotes Trini Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Your momma wanted to save you--save you from your fate. If she hadn't, you'd be nothing but a memory and a fear long forgotten. Just like all you who mix the breeds. What they want you two for, what they have planned." She shook her head again and when she looking at me, sorrow etched across her face. "They fear you, fear what comes from you. I told you child. I told you that your path was filled with dark things tat must be done.”
Jennifer L. Armentrout, Pure

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Do you know why a heart lays claim? Survival. That heart lays its claim to ensure survival of its kind.”
Jennifer L. Armentrout, Pure

01/29/2012 page 64
19.0% "I'm so in love with Seth! Sorry Aiden."
01/29/2012 page 119
36.0% "wow this is so heart breaking."
01/29/2012 page 135
41.0% "OMG this can't happen..NO NO NO!"

A Full Bookshelf I am insanely jealous! I want to read this so sooooo bad!

Trini It good so far. Will update you all to see how it goes. I really like this series.