Justin 833's Reviews > Brian's Hunt

Brian's Hunt by Gary Paulsen

U 50x66
Apr 28, 08

Recommended for: people who like books with a little action in it.
Read in April, 2008

Brian’s Hunt

The book that I read was Brian’s Hunt. The author is Gary Paulsen and the genre is adventure. I picked this book out because I had read the book Hatchet, which is also by Gary Paulsen. There are many books to this series.
Brian is a kid who knows a lot about the Canadian woods. He was there first when his plane crashed and he had to survive there. Brian has gone back many times to the Canadian woods. He likes it more in the woods then in the city. This time, he goes back to hunt in his canoe. He starts hunting, and he keeps remembering the people who helped him get out of the woods the first time. One night, he is woken up by an animal whining. He figures out that it is an injured dog. Brian stitches the wound up and keeps the dog.
As he keeps heading north, he comes up to the camp of the people who helped him out of the woods the first time. In the camp, he finds that the parents are dead and so are three of the four dogs. The other dog is the dog that he found. He finds one of the kids, and sends her out to relatives because her parents were murdered by a bear. Brian goes looking for the bear to kill it. You will have to read the book to find out if he finds the bear and kills it.
I gave this book a three star because it was ok. Nothing really happened in the very beginning, but it got more interesting as the book went on. In the beginning, it was talking about him hunting and remembering the family that helped him get out before. It started to get better when Brian found the dog. It made you wonder why the dog was in the middle of the woods. This book wasn’t the greatest book, but I would recommend it to people who like books with a little action in it.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brian's Hunt.