Miko's Reviews > Invisible Monsters

Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk

Dec 04, 13

Read in April, 2008

****DO NOT LOOK THIS UP IN WIKIPEDIA IT GIVES AWAY EVERYTHING I REPEAT DO NOT LOOK IT UP! In fact, don't even read the synopsis, I would just dive right in knowing nothing.****

THE START:
So far it is pretty good. It says right from the start that you are going to read this book feeling like you are missing things and it's very true.

I am having a hard time holding on to any solid plot but am captivated from what I can grasp. It's the same author that wrote Fight Club and it kind of has that same feel where certian things happen and you're like, "wait what just happned, what did I miss?" when in reality you didn't miss anything, nothing has been revealed yet they are just going on in the plot as if you know it already.

Only about 1/4 into it...more to follow! (This is a FABULOUS idea ps!)

UPDATE:
So I am now 3/4 of the way through and it is all(finally!) starting to come together. I feel like I am going to have to re-read it now that I am starting grasp the plot and characters(yes, it really is that confusing!)

It's a trip.

I have to say I am relieved that it IS starting to make sense. When explaning how ramdom it was to people I used the movie Mulholland Drive to give an example.

The thing is, that movie never ended up making any sense(at least to me)so while read I was concerned it was just going to be this artsy "deep" book left up for interpretation that I wasn't cool enough (or drugged up enough)to understand.

Don't get me wrong still a very weird book but highly entertaining. I recommend that you read it carefully and try to remember details even if you don't understand it at the time.

Almost done!

FINALE:
WOW! I did NOT see that coming! If you are reading this and are going to now read the book I say again, pay attention! I am going to re-read the book now that I know where all the pieces go! I felt like I was watching a movie with a big black bar going through the middle and now it has been lifted and I want to watch it again. It was good, different, but good! I would have given it 4.5 stars if that was available. Well done! ****I also just read that they are turning this book into a movie to release late this year sweet!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invisible Monsters.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Glenna (new)

Glenna Miko! I love that you are so into this - and I promise, as soon as I can breath, I will get into it too! Cuz it is right up my alley. But with my brother's kids, my Dad, my kids, yada, yada, yada.... well, you get the idea!

Jinglebat LOL, I was thinking of Muholand Drive when I was reading this too!
I loved this book. I wish they would make it a miniseries instead of a movie. I don't want to miss any of the fabulous details