Craig Hart's Reviews > Fleeing Fundamentalism: A Minister's Wife Examines Faith

Fleeing Fundamentalism by Carlene Cross

Sep 20, 11

Read in May, 2011

Having been raised fundamentalist, Ms. Cross's book, "Fleeing Fundamentalism" rang true with me. I could identify with so much of the book that it was a little scary. Beyond that, however, the book was well-written and captivating. It could certainly be enjoyed by those not as familiar with the lifestyle.

I also admire the author's courage in writing the book. I know it is sometimes dangerous, from a societal standpoint, to make negative feelings toward the fundamentalist Church known. I respect Ms. Cross for putting that aside. I am personally grateful to her for writing this book, as I found it helpful, comforting, and insightful.

I encourage anyone to read the book, but especially recommend it to those struggling with a dogmatic, fundamentalist religious upbringing. I know you will find it as helpful as I did. It's always nice to know you are not alone in your struggles and Ms. Cross makes this clear with wit, grace, and style.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fleeing Fundamentalism.