Katy-Del's Reviews > John Dies at the End

John Dies at the End by David Wong

1205628
Mar 13, 12

Read in March, 2012

I have to say, this is one of the weirdest, most wildly inappriate books I have ever read. I make daily visits to Cracked.com and when they posted the preview to the movie, I was given the impression that it was like Fear and Loathing with some plot beyond just the drug use. That impression stuck with me through the book.

The additional plot has David and his friend John thrown into the middle of a cross-dimensional-alien appacolypse after being exposed to a drug that may just cause extreme hallucinations, or may actually make people explode.

The book ties two long adventures and smaller prologue and afterword stories. The book has huge unexpected turns and shockingly weird creatures. I read a recently released trade paperback, that I'm sure was re-edited from the original copies that were out there on the internet, so those bothered by grammer and spelling mistakes can relax. If you like weirdness and aren't terribly offended by crudeness, I'm sure you will enjoy the book, too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read John Dies at the End.