Tamara's Reviews > Grant Writing For Dummies

Grant Writing For Dummies by Beverly A. Browning

Apr 28, 08

bookshelves: libraries, work, non-fiction
Read in April, 2008

As with all dummies books, this gave me a good idea of the "rules" of grants and where to start looking for information.

I do wish that they separated this out in to the process of looking for available grants and the process of actually applying for grants. The two processes together are extremely daunting! One thing at a time!

And btw, it is very disconcerting when books reference going to your public library for information when we do not actually have information to give. As a librarian, I have received no training on resources for grants, scholarships, genealogy, etc, and yet people are always told to come to the library to start their search. Am I alone in feeling very unprepared for these types of questions? Am I the only one turning to the dummies series for answers?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grant Writing For Dummies.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Yes...I, too, cringe when I read "check with your local library" and I know that I'd be unprepared for that question. I need the Dummies series as much as anyone!!