Katharine Blankenship's Reviews > The Dark

The Dark by Marianne Curley

F 50x66
Sep 20, 2011

Book 2 of the Guardians of Time Trilogy continues to follow the time traveling lives of the 4 main characters you meet in the first book: Isabel, Arkarian, Ethan, and Matt. In this book, Arkarian has been captured by the Goddess of Chaos and has been taken to the Underworld. Isabel, Ethan, and Matt must now face the darkness down there, to rescue him, before he is gone forever.

Just like the first book, the chapters alternate between two of the main characters. In this book, however, you are given the story through the point-of-views of Arkarian and Isabel. I really like this because you found out important information about Arkarian in the first book, so you are able to actually see his thoughts and feelings, without having to see it through the point-of-view of another character, and this makes the story move along at a quicker pace, it seems. It also really helps with knowing what the other three characters are going up against, during their rescue mission, when we can see it from Arkarian’s point-of-view. It makes the story a little more suspenseful because we know what’s going on, but Isabel, Ethan, and Matt do not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark.