Emily's Reviews > Flirt Skirts: Learn How to Sew, Customize, and Style Your Very Own Skirts

Flirt Skirts by Seryn Potter

Sep 20, 11

bookshelves: craft-sewing-embroidery
Read in September, 2011

Why I picked it up: It’s a make it yourself book! About skirts!

I make quilts, not clothes. I can sew straight lines and that’s about it. Honestly, I’m not sure that making a skirt on my own is realistic, but I’m willing to bet that if I really wanted to, I could do it from this book. I like a lot of the designs and I like how all are based on 3 basic skirt types. There are some really cure variations here, and as far as I can tell the instructions look good. I also like that they tell you what type of fabric they used for the one in the picture, as it makes it easier to duplicate that look.

My biggest complaint: size charts only go up to size 14. Really Skirt? You are all about making skirts flattering to individual women but you stop at size 14? That’s where most stores stop so it stands to reason that many women who want to make skirts because they can’t find one that fits would be wearing larger sizes. And is it really that much more trouble to add a few more sizes up?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flirt Skirts.