Danica Page (One Page at a Time)'s Reviews > The Fine Art of Truth or Dare

Apr 06, 12

bookshelves: chick-lit, young-adult, out-in-2012
Read from April 04 to 05, 2012

Official Rating 3.5

This is a condensed version of my review. To see it in its entirety, please follow this link.

My Overall Thoughts/Impressions: irst off, I'd like to thank Alyssa Hoffmaster for letting me borrow this book. Alyssa blogs at The Book Blog Experience and is amazing.

Now for my review: Okay, honestly, just look at the cover. I love art and so when I saw the cover I was totally in love with this book and had to read it. If you looked at my post about Nike of Samothrace you would know I'm obsessed with art. Love the cover. But my review is about the book not the cover. :)

The book had its weird elements and that might be enough to turn some people off. Ella, the main character, has imaginary conversations with a dead artist. However, as weird as that sounds, it didn't really creep me out as much as I thought it would. Probably, because the book was just too cute for me to really dwell on that. Plus, it's about art. (P.S. If my review of this novel and my blog post on art hasn't convinced you why that statement matters, I don't know what will.)

I loved the characters in this novel. And while I wasn't overly fond of Alex for a lot of the book, he even had his moments that made me like him.

Basically, this book was a really cute book that had me laughing out loud. Jensen's writing style was downright hilarious. Honestly, it has been a long time since I've read a book this funny. This was Melissa's sophomore novel and it was definitely a cute read.

This book wasn't spectacular or overly amazing, but it was cute and funny. Overall, I really enjoyed reading it.

If you're looking for a lighter read (or just love art), I recommend this book to you.

In Summary: A very cute, funny, and enjoyable chick-lit book that I enjoyed but didn't absolutely love. I'm glad I read it though.

Warnings/Side-notes: There is a gay character in this novel. However, he is not the protagonist and it doesn't go into too much detail. I think I'm sensitive to this subject and this novel didn't faze me. But I'm leaving it up to your interpretation. This novel used some minor swear words and there were some sexual references. But I can't think of one part of this book that offended me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fine Art of Truth or Dare.

04/04/2012 page 140