Neen's Reviews > The Cleaner Plate Club: Raising Healthy Eaters One Meal at a Time

The Cleaner Plate Club by Beth Bader
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cleaner Plate Club.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Neen I am a long-time fan of Ali Benjamin's blog ([...]) - so I was excited to hear she was writing a book. Her blog has always had interesting posts, great writing and plenty of good recipe suggestions - she also doesn't preach about food - she educates. This book is no different. There's tons of information presented in a friendly, not-at-all-pedantic, and really creative way. I have three boys under the age of 8 - all with different taste buds/moods/attitudes toward eating. They all devour the kale chips, the meatloaf is another favorite and we all love the chicken fingers. We've got plenty of great options to choose from here.
On another note - I'm a total localvore and simply enjoy learning about food. I was expecting this to be a "recipe book" - but it's much more than that. Even if you never make a single recipe - it's still totally worth the price because you will learn A LOT!
Thumbs up ladies - this is one that I'll be using for a long time (and buying to send to a bunch of my mom friends!)