Rebecca's Reviews > Nocturne

Nocturne by Syrie James

Sep 20, 11

bookshelves: from-publicist, for-review
Read in September, 2011

I think Nocturne is the first book I have read that only has two characters throughout the book. Not that that’s a bad thing. As I was thinking of my review I was just surprised by that fact. Syrie James does an amazing job of pacing in Nocturne. I sat down to read a few pages looked up and had read 100 pages, not even realizing I had done it.

As far as leading men go, I really liked Michael Tyler. Michael is a vampire that has reduced himself to a life of solitude so that he will never hurt another. I loved learning about all the skills he had mastered, the things in history he had seen, and the people he had met in all his years alive. I found Michael’s history very interesting and enjoyable. He is a tortured soul and I felt for him.

Nicole Is the only other character in nocturne. To be honest I just never connected to her. I think It is the fact that she is made to be too perfect of a match for Michael. With the exception that he is a vampire and she is human.

Even though I didn’t care for Nicole’s character, I was still in tears when I finished Nocturne. Syrie James writes beautifully and the ending was wonderfully bittersweet. I will be looking into any of her future paranormal writings.

Happy Reading,
Rebecca
www,bendingthespine.blogspot.com
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nocturne.