Catherine Rye's Reviews > Accordance

Accordance by Shelly Crane

Sep 23, 11

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from September 20 to 21, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1.5

"My blood is about to boil out of my skin with the demand to consume you. When you look at me like that...it's like kerosene on a fire." (Accordance, p. 230)

The second book in this wonderful intoxicating series was an amazing follow up that leaves you wanting more of Caleb and Maggie than the first time around! If you haven't gotten "imprinted on" yet, you have to try this series! I love that Crane picks up right where Significance left off. We're not sitting there wondering what happened between the end of one and the beginning of another. There are too many things going on, and things are happening so quickly it was the perfect place for readers to pick it back up. You're not left wondering, "oh now, how did they get here again?". Maggie and Caleb are shining stars in this book. They both have a lot of changing and growing up to do. It has been a question from me since the beginning of the series if Maggie's parents were not who she thought. It will be interesting to see that develop further, and I have to wonder if her father was an Ace? I think that will get addressed in the next installment. When Maggie becomes the Visionary it is like I am the room with her. Her visions are so detailed and the taste descriptions become real to the reader. I tasted a lot of those things Maggie did while "reading" her visions. Kyle and Caleb's reaction are quite funny, but also give us that piece that Maggie is a most important person that will affect many. This story is so sweet, and Maggie really has to grow up and realize she is made for more in this installment. I am so happy Kyle gets some happiness as well. Crane has still left a lot of mystery for us to wonder about. There are still a lot of answers about the Ace's to come. Love the mutuality scenes. They are so sweet and so intimate. Wouldn't it be nice if we could be this way with our chosen partners? Our soulmates? Such a unique and well thought story, very visual but not overbearing in words, and such dreamy characters you really really love or really really want to knock out (Marcus). Crane leaves us wrapped with where things are at, and sets the stage for her next installment. Even with a good wrap up, and only a slight "cliffhanger", I can't wait to see where Maggie and Caleb go next, and how the Ace's will be saved or fight to stay the same.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Accordance.