Kaia's Reviews > On Fortune's Wheel

On Fortune's Wheel by Cynthia Voigt

Oct 11, 11

Read from September 22 to October 10, 2011

I'll admit, this book looked intimidating when my best friend handed it to me and told me to read it. It's a thick little book and having just started up school again, I'm crunched for time. But I found this book extremely engaging and an easy read. I liked the detailed world the author Cynthia Voigt had created. It was very interesting. My only complaint is that I felt the relationship between the two main characters was forced, even at the end. I had to suspend my disbelief towards the end as their relationship changed and that annoyed me because I felt the change was unrealistic. Also the direction in which the plot was traveling was a little diluted. I'm still wondering what the overall point of their journey was. But even so, it was still an interesting story, and I do not regret reading it at all. :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Fortune's Wheel.

Quotes Kaia Liked

Cynthia Voigt
“People had no more choice than animals about the burdens they carried.”

Cynthia Voigt
“...When this map was made, there was only empty forest in the south," Gran told Birle.
"Not empty," Granda corrected her. "The forest is never empty.”

Cynthia Voigt
“Is there such a thing?' Birle asked.
He looked thoughtfully at her, but not as if he saw her. 'Men have dreamed of it, although none has ever held it in his hand, not to my knowledge. I cannot say that there is such a thing, no. But equally I cannot say there is not. Why should a man be able to dream of it if it cannot be? If it is so impossible, then what put's it into a man's mind? Greed puts many things into men's mind, and fear does too. But men dream of other things, as well-- of justice, of the lost golden age, of an order to their world... of medicine to cure all sickness...”

10/01/2011 page 95