Felicia's Reviews > Still Life With Murder

Still Life With Murder by P.B. Ryan

Sep 19, 11

bookshelves: mystery, vaginal-mystery
Read in September, 2011

I have a REAL soft spot for historical mystery series, especially with a good romance subplot (see Deanna Raybourn for my fave!) I picked up several #1s in some series, and this one was one of the most enjoyable of the batch.

It's set in the post-Civil War US, which I thought was interesting and non-standard. It's a BIT perplexing in that there are some modern sensibilities that don't feel 100% organic to the time, but I overlooked it because there were some fun characters and settings. I really liked the lead character Nell, I enjoyed the family conflict, and even though I was one step ahead of the mystery, the research of the period really drew me through the book. Quite enjoyed it, and will be reading the next one!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Still Life With Murder.

gert and THIS is why i love good reads! read a random review, sounds pretty good. cut to me finishing all six books in the series one right after the other! thanks for the heads up!

Felicia gert wrote: "and THIS is why i love good reads! read a random review, sounds pretty good. cut to me finishing all six books in the series one right after the other! thanks for the heads up!"

Awesome!