MISS VAIN's Reviews > Summoning the Night

Summoning the Night by Jenn Bennett

Apr 23, 12

bookshelves: arc, magicians, urban-fantasy
Read from April 01 to 06, 2012

“Oh, really? Is that why he’s hot and bothered for Arcadia here?” Kar Yee tossed an accusatory glance my way. She was well aware that honesty wasn’t one of my strong suits. “Probably,” Jupe confirmed. “My dad says he likes her so much that if she kicked him in the balls, he’d just thank her.”

Jenn Bennett has done it again, she's managed to suck me into another one if her Intoxicatingly Magical Arcadia Bell Books. Last year I was blown away with Kindling The Moon, and so it came as no shock to me that Summoning The Night would be equally as awesome and sexy as the first.

"Sometimes I think I might die if can't touch you." He said this with great seriousness, his voice suddenly much lower.

Summoning The Night begins in October with children of The Hellfire organization being kidnapped by someone referred to as "The Snatcher". Several years ago The Snatcher began kidnapping children during the month of October never to be seen again, and now that appears to be happening once again, Dare the leader of The Hellfire Club has asked for Lon and Arcadia's assistance in solving the mystery behindThe Snatcher ultimately stopping him from kidnapping any more children.

"I've talked to you a couple of times, when I've called here for Caddy." Jupe pointed out." You were kinda mean. But I didn't mind. I don't like weak women. I like warriors."

This book was exciting and non stop fun from page one, Bennett left me guessing and just when I thought I had the identity of The Snatcher figured out, she went ahead and threw me a curve ball. That's my kind of Urban Fantasy the kind that keep you guessing and wanting more. What I adore most about Arcadia Bell is that she's a sassy powerful Magician and when it comes to battling the bad  guys she's not a sit on the side lines kind of heroine, she's more of a Kick-Ass and ask questions later heroine. Her boyfriend Lon Butler is one of the most Bad-Ass Demon-Licious characters I have had the pleasure to read about. Who knew I would find a pirate mustache wearing, debonair yet powerful demon so incredibly sexy? But I find him and his pirate mustache so unbelievably HOT! Although as much as I adore Arcadia and Lon, I find myself captivated by Lon's fourteen year old son named Jupe. This charming, funny, and exasperating young teenager steals just about every scene he's in with his adorable witty comments, his attempt to impress older women despite his youth and his love for Arcadia leaves me with a soft spot in my heart for his character. I find that The scenes with Arcadia and Jupe are so endearing, and I look forward to watching these three in the next novel get closer as a family unit, because it's obvious Jupe craves it as much and maybe even more than Arcadia and Lon.

Lastly can Arcadia Bell just use her magician skills to banish Ambrose Dare?? No?? Okay well it was worth a shot!;)

“I don’t want secrets between us,” I said. “Not ones that matter, anyway. I keep secrets from everyone all day long. But not you. Okay?” He tugged me toward the bar stool, closing the remaining distance between us. “I’ve been waiting for you to say that for weeks,” he whispered.

Sometimes I wonder with Jenn Bennett's fascinating writing skills if she possess a few of Arcadia Bells talent for magic herself. For fans of unique, sexy, magical, Urban Fantasy, look no further because Jenn Bennett delivers.

Arc provided for review by Jenn Bennett

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Summoning the Night.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Mithrendiel How do you DO it, Miss Vain?! You always get your hands on the best books... :) I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this one.

MISS VAIN Hi Mithrendiel!! I didn't get notification for this one!! Sorry!!;)
Would you accept the answer that I'm just super cool??!! No...okay the truth lol, Jenn Bennett gave it to me in February to review but I saved it for closer to release date because I knew I would hate the wait!!;)

Mithrendiel LOL you ARE super cool! :) And this was a great review. "Bad-Ass Demon-Licious" - haha - I love it! Just a few more hours and this book will be mine!! Due to being on the west coast, my pre-orders tend to drop on my Kindle at 10 PM the night before release. So I can tell you what I will be doing tonight (and it won't be sleeping lol). :D

MISS VAIN Oh Wow Mithriendiel!! I never received notification for your comment, I apologize.;)

Yes I live on the West Coast as well, so when I cannot wait I download the book at 10 pm too!!;)

Mithrendiel hehe YAY West Coast!! Got to love the great weather AND early book downloads... :)

MISS VAIN Ditto!!!:)