Jasmine Hawamdeh's Reviews > Lost Voices

Lost Voices by Sarah  Porter

U 50x66
Sep 19, 11

bookshelves: sept-reads

One of the best books I thought I wouldn't like at all (because it's a bit on the fantasy side) but turns out to be one of the best books I have ever read. It is about a girl named Luce, who lost her mother when she was a toddler so does not have tons of feeling there but then it was just her and her father She loved him dearly but one day he went on a fishing trip and was gone just like that. Forced to live with uncle, who is a alcoholic and he abuses and he tortures her. What a life and with no friends she is pretty much alone in life. But one day she gives up. She ends up committing suicide but instead of being dead she ends up to be a mermaid. And why is she a mermaid because she has a lost voice. Nobody will care that shes dead, maybe it will be in the news but they don't love her, they won't miss her. So to her, "what's the point at life". And as a mermaid she finds out shes not the only one there.
An amazing book that captures the lives of many girl who gave up at life. A touching story. Very suspenseful and intriguing.
recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost Voices.