Megan's Reviews > City of Bones

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Apr 02, 12

bookshelves: favorites

I read this book a couple years ago, and have since reread it several times. Its one of those books that you just wish you lived in, and I really fell in love with the characters.

First you have the insanely sexy Jace, who has this shell that he doesn't seem to want to let others into. (I found his harsh demeanor even more awesome, though.) Then you have Clary, the supercute (fiery) little redhead, who is insanely loyal to everyone she loves (her mom, her "uncle" Luke, and her best friend Simon). She and Jace are the big stars of the book, though Ms. Clare gave us some great minor characters, too.

The book starts off throwing Clary into this world of the Shadowhunters, who are just so insanely COOL I can hardly stand it. I mean, they are fearless and dress in all black and kill demons for a living, who wouldn't want to be one of them? Jace, and his adoptive brother and sister, Alec and Isabelle, live in the Institute and train to fight. I found myself wanting so badly to just be one of them as I read this book, it was awful. Cassandra Clare earned her way into my #1 favorite author spot with her first book, and she got me off my Twilight hype.

Overall, this was one of the most amazing YA books I've read, like EVER, and I feel that its way up there with Harry Potter. So, yeah, everyone needs to read this book, end of story(:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Bones.