Loretta's Reviews > Of Poseidon

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

May 17, 12

bookshelves: 2012-release, fantasy, mermaids, netgalley-arc, review-book, young-adult
Read from May 14 to 15, 2012

Originally Posted here:

In Of Poseidon you get the POVs from both main characters. Emma & Galen. I love that. I love getting to know what is going through the minds of each character. What they are thinking. How they are feeling. You will meet Emma & Galen who are all around just amazingly alive to me. They jump off the pages as you read about them!
In the 1st chapter you learn so much from the jump that I was thinking... "Now this is how you start a book off"
Galen & Emma run into each other... literally. The 2 characters meet, for Emma in the most embarrassing way! Walking, Walking, SMACK. Right into Galen. As she is laying there they thoughts that go throughout her mind are hilarious.
And then, what makes it worse. Here she just ran into this smoking hot piece of man meet, that is Galen. What does she do now!? The way she felt when she touched him is not feelings you get when running into a guy. What is it with Galen that makes her body go crazy?
Galen was sent to this place to find a girl, who has the gift to talk to fish. In his hunt, he is given a break when he runs into her... literally. Yes, Galen is the smoking hot man meat, and Emma is the girl. That girl with the gift.
Although things just seem not as they should be with Emma! What is it about her?
He was in fact sent to find a Syrena. But, maybe they were wrong. There is something to Emma that is off.
But, Galen is going to figure it out. He has to. Because the way that he feels in his body when she is around, oh yes. There is something with Emma. Galen, being the Prince of the Syrena he just knows... he can feel it.
After the heart wrenching opening chapter, I was invested into this book. The characters. Already, my heart broke.
After Emma looses someone so important to her and finally discovers what she is, she is taken on an emotional journey that is filled with amazing, scary, life changing discoveries that Emma knows, everything in her life is forever, changed.
And with all this, Emma took everything in an epic way. She was not whiny, nor was she annoying. She was nothing less that awesome. She had unrelenting determination. Emma was just all around a fantastic character with depth to her.
The Syrena is the name for what they are. Mermaids, but please. PLEASE. Do not use that term unless you want Galen to smack you with his tail fin. Really!
Everything about Galen is just so intriguing. He is such an amazing leading male character. Very strong, caring, but yet so possessive, but for all the RIGHT reasons. He is very much a protector. And he very much stole my heart.
Everything is so new to Galen on land. The world, the language! His understanding, and interpretation of everything is just so funny. I was laughing.. out loud. Love that!
One of the other characters that I really enjoyed, even though she was kinda mean, but that is just Rayna. She means business, all day!
And then, what makes it worse. Here she just ran into this smoking hot piece of man meet, that is Galen. What does she do now!? They way she felt when she touched him is not feelings you get when running into a guy. What is it with Galen that makes her body go crazy?
Galen was sent to this place to find a girl, who has the gift to talk to fish. In his hunt, he is given a break when he runs into her... literally. Yes, Galen in the smoking hot man meat, and Emma is the girl. That girl with the gift.
"Did you hear what I said, Princess CheaterCheater-Whale-Dung eater? Show my brother your pathetic gift."

Yes, Rayna is so crazy, but she is all around doing everthing that she does for her family, and she means well. I just loved her.
Of Poseidon is a Debut novel that you should defiantly read. Add it to your TBR right now, preorder it. Bang down your local book stores door, and get it on release day!
Anna Banks. I must say that you. For creating such a fantastical, amazing, beautiful world and characters that I loved all around.
Banks will pull you in, and then on the very last sentence have you shocked, speechless, and left wanting more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Of Poseidon.

05/14/2012
05/14/2012
50.0% 3 comments
05/15/2012
100.0% "I loved this BOOK!!"
show 1 hidden update…

Alyson Lang Def right about the last sentence will have you shocked and speechless . I crave more .

Loretta Alyson wrote: "Def right about the last sentence will have you shocked and speechless . I crave more ."

Yes! Very good book =)