Stella's Reviews > Remember Me?

Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella

207384
Apr 27, 08

bookshelves: chick-lit
Read in January, 2008

** spoiler alert ** I own every book Sophie Kinsella has written and was so excited about this new book that I couldn't wait for it to be on paperback! Loved the Shopaholic books, loved Undomestic Goddess - Remember Me? - I liked it but not as much as her others.

Sophie Kinsella writes a leading character that you can identify with just as easily as you do with Becky Bloomwood but the thing is, Lexie is just not quite as likeable for me.

The memory loss angle and a second-chance at life is a great premise, and she almost succeeds with it but it's hard to relate to the love story between the two main characters - Lexie is married after all and yes the husband is painted as not a very pleasant person, and yep married people have affairs but somehow, I don't want my chicklit romances to be born out of such a scenario - I read chick lit for the victories the heroines go through in terms of bettering themselves, the tribulations of being single, the (equally)single men they encounter etc - call me old-fashioned but that's how I like it, as Julia Roberts says in Pretty Woman, I want the fairytale!!!!

Great story and you can't fault Kinsella's gift for chick lit but although I liked this one, it's not my favourite.

That said, it won't put me off buying her next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remember Me?.