Yessica C's Reviews > Black Rabbit Summer

Black Rabbit Summer by Kevin Brooks

Oct 24, 11

Read from September 19 to October 24, 2011

The peculiar image of four teenagers in the woods caught my attention it seemed very mysterious.The title "Black Rabbit Summer", written by one of my few favorite authors, Kevin Brooks turned out to be a decent book. Although the title is a bit of a give away of what the story is about.It does not only involve around a typical black rabbit, but the mysteriousness it holds within.

Pete is practically the only friend of Raymond. Even though the other people from their gang claim to be friends with him. When it comes down to it only Pete cares about his fellow Raymond nobody else not even Raymond's parents care about him.It seems as if everyone is hiding something from each other after the famous Stella and Raymond have gone missing. A mad person dishearteningly killed Raymond's most prized possession,his black rabbit. What is Pete facing against? A random lunatic or one of his close friends?

This book has good features. It is a book with much turning points and is descriptive. It keeps the readers attention for awhile. But I think it lacks in a sense that it has too much suspense. For awhile the character is in the same situation and position very often in the story.Overall it was a pretty decent book I'm looking forward to reading yet another novel from Brooks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Rabbit Summer.

09/19/2011 page 66
09/25/2011 page 84
17.0% "This book is called the Black Rabbit Summer written by Kevin Brooks.What attracted me to read this book was the fact that the author, Kevin Brooks wrote it.I have read one of his books a couple of years ago and I had loved the story.Knowing that I thought I would also enjoy this book.Black Rabbit Summer is a story of a teenage boy named Pete who is uninterested to do anything his summer.Until he received a phone call"
10/03/2011 page 212
43.0% "Millions of questions are coming up while I continue zooming through the pages.The mysterious disappearance of the celebrity Stella Rose and the odd kid, Raymond.Is causing Pete to doubt even his own friends as to what happen to Raymond.I hope to finish this book because I'm dying to know where Raymond shy self is and as for Stella,she's famous surrounded of paparazzi most of the someones bound to know where she is."
show 3 hidden updates…