Kathryn Cooper's Reviews > Remembrance

Remembrance by Michelle Madow

Dec 14, 11

I loved this book! I had so much fun living through Lizzie as I read it. This is a book I will recommend to all my friends!!

I loved that the book took place in high school, junior year. Junior year was a fun and memorable year for me so it's always fun to think back on that time and see it from another's perspective. Michelle does a really amazing job with the details of high school life. She brought up little things that many of us can relate to but may have forgotten. It just made the read real and enjoyable.

Lizzie has a boyfriend named Jeremy. They've known each other for years and have been together for 3 years I think. That's a long time in junior high/ high school years. The book doesn't actually talk about this, but the situations made me think it:t When you're in high school, don't stay with a guy that puts you down, even jokingly, and don't stay with someone just because it's easy or you've been dating for a long time if you're not happy. Ok, I don't want to get on a soap box so . . . nuff said about not dating jerks. :) I just felt that the situations and feelings Lizzie had in this book are very real. There are probably lots of girls out their dating guys that feed on their insecurities.

On to Drew. Mysterious. Attractive. He reminds me of Edward from Twilight. He sends mixed signals to Lizzie, and she just can't figure him out. I don't believe in reincarnation, neither does the author, but it made for a really fun fiction. A romantic idea really. I loved it.

There was more tense excitement than I expected. It was really fun and exciting, especially towards the end. You have to go read it!! Right now!

The next book, Vengeance, is a novella (short novel) from the point of view of Chelsea, the best friend.

Also reviewed on my book blog, Clean Teen Fiction .
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Remembrance.