Pam's Reviews > Night of the Living Deed

Night of the Living Deed by E.J. Copperman

Sep 25, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, mystery, ghosts, series
Read from September 21 to 24, 2011

The first in a new mystery series is set in a small town on the New Jersey shore. The premise isn't original but I really enjoyed all the unique characters...both living and dead. I liked Allison and her talent to renovate most things in the house on her own. And that she got her ability to see ghosts after being hit in the head with a five-gallon bucket of joint compound...thanks to ghost Maxie...it was a hoot. This woman is able to take most things is stride, so finding her house is inhabited by the spirits of two murder victims only freaked her out for a short time.

The author took this idea and ran with it. In addition to Allison and her daughter Melissa, there was her mom a couple of friends and several secondary characters from the town, which added flair and interest. The cagey townspeople with an interest in the house also gave us numerous red herrings to consider as the possible villain and I have to admit I guessed wrong. I always appreciate when an author keeps me trying to figure it out the bad guy until the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night of the Living Deed.