Nicole's Reviews > Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Sep 19, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hush, Hush.

Quotes Nicole Liked

Becca Fitzpatrick
“You smell good, too,” said Patch

It’s called a shower.” I was staring straight ahead. When he didn’t answer, I turned sideways. “Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.”

Naked. I know the drill.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Say 'provoking' again. Your mouth looks provocative when you do.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Hang on, did you just call me Angel?" I asked.
"If I did?"
"I don't like it."
He grinned. "It stays, Angel.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“All this time I've hated myself for it. I thought I'd given it up for nothing. But if I hadn't fallen, I wouldn't have met you.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“She'll kill me if she finds you in here. Can you climb trees? Tell me you can climb a tree!"
Patch grinned, "I can fly.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“You possess other people's...bodies."

He accepted that statement with a nod.

"Do you want to possess my body?"

"I want to do a lot of things to your body, but that's not one of them.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“You're a guardian angel now." I was still too much in awe to wrap my mind around it, but at the same time I felt amazement, curiosity...happiness.

"I'm your guardian angel," he said.

"I get my very own guardian angel? What, exactly, is your job description?"

"Guard your body." His smile tipped higher. "I take my job seriously, which means I'm going to need to get acquainted with the subject matter on a personal level.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Cheshvan starts tonight," Rixon said, "What are you doing arsing around in a graveyard?"

"Thinking."

"Thinking?"

"A process by which I use my brain to make a rational decision.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Call me Patch. I mean it. Call me.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Keep in mind that people change, but the past doesn't.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“If you can't feel, why did you kiss me?"
Patch traced a finger along my collarbone, then headed south stopping at my heart. I felt it pounding through my skin. "Because I feel it here, in my heart," he said quietly.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“Coach: "All right, Patch. let's say you're at a party. the room is full of girls of all shapes and sizes. You see blondes, brunettes, redheads, a few girl with black hair. Some are talkive, while other appear shy. You've one girl who fits your profile - attractive, intelligent and vulnerable. Dow do you let her know you're interested?"

Patch: "Single her out. Talk to her."

Coach: "Good. Now for the big question - how do you know if she's game or if she wants you to move on?"

Patch: "I study her. I figure out what she's thinking and feeling. She's not gonig to come right out and tell me, which is why i have to pay attention. Does she turn her body toward mine? Does she hold me eyes, then look away? Does she bite her lip and play with her hair, the way Nora is doing right now?”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“I don't go out with strangers," I said.

"Good thing I do. I'll pick you up at five.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“You should go," I breathed. "You should definitely go."

"Go here?" His mouth was on my shoulder. "Or here?" It moved up my neck.”

Becca Fitzpatrick
“He was the worst kind of wrong. He was so wrong it felt right, and that made me feel completely out of control.”