Patti's Reviews > So Damn Lucky (

So Damn Lucky ( by Deborah Coonts

Everyone should be reading Deborah Coonts!!! So Damn Lucky, the third in the Lucky O'Toole series set in Las Vegas, is damn good! Lucky O'Toole is a hard-working, smart, funny, occasionally insecure and brilliant at her job as Head of Customer Relations at the fictitious Hotel Babylon.

Lucky does have her romantic issues in this series entry, but it never stands in the way of customer service. Other exciting things going on include a conference of Area 51 believers, Halloween weekend, and a group of magicians, one of whom ends up being murdered. And Lucky's parents, her mother a madam of a local brothel and her father the owner of the Hotel Babylon decide to get married, mostly because of their deep love for each other, but Lucky's mother is also pregnant. Lucky's cup does runneth over.

In my opinion, Lucky O'Toole is who Stephanie Plum wants to be (I know I may get flak for that statement, but I stand by it). Lucky is a strong character, with a lot of common sense and wise customer service skills. She also has good investigative skills, which draws her into the magician's murder, and several other small mysteries.

So Damn Lucky stands alone well, but readers will enjoy the previous entries in the series, Wanna Get Lucky and Lucky Stiff. Highly enjoyable and highly recommended!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Damn Lucky (.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Robin Thanks for listing this. Just requested from Macmillan. :)

Patti I LOVE this series! The writing reminds me of Jennifer Crusie--lots of fun.

Robin wrote: "Thanks for listing this. Just requested from Macmillan. :)"