Sue Smith's Reviews > Blue Shoes and Happiness

Blue Shoes and Happiness by Alexander McCall Smith

Sep 24, 11

bookshelves: books-read-in-2011
Read from September 19 to 24, 2011

I do so enjoy the adventures of Mma Ramotswe and the number one ladies detective agency! There's always some sort of dilemma to sort out and there's never a want for work .... not the paying kind, but always someone who needs assistance. And the agency is always there to help.

The gentle and caring nature of Mma Ramotswe is carried into the thought and consideration she puts into her clients - whether they pay or not. And that's what I love about her. It's showing that you should do this - even in the face of not making any profit from it - that's important. And that payment often comes back to you in other ways and tenfold too. It's never unwise to help if you can. I also like how she isn't one to worry too much about such a firm idea of work either .... that sometimes shopping and relaxing is how she can come up with solutions to a problem that they've been looking into at the agency!! I would like to try that sometime!! I don't think my boss would like it though!!

I like the premise behind this book - that happiness is something to be sought and remembered. That simple joys are important to embrace and keep close to your heart. Those are the things that will keep you grounded in life. And happy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Shoes and Happiness.

09/21/2011 page 109