Duchess Nicole's Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

2204947
Dec 03, 11

bookshelves: e-pcs, genre-contemp-romance, read-in-2011, favorites-of-all-time
Read from December 01 to 03, 2011

I wish that I could write better to express how much I loved this book. What I want to say is, "Oh, my Fifty Shades!"
Everyone has demons from their past, things that we don't want others to know about. Everyone is different, and there is good and bad in all of us. When you're in a relationship, you have to learn to not only accept the other's past but also learn that they accept yours. Christian and Ana have these absolutely gut wrenching revelations in Fifty Shades Darker. Neither of them feel worthy of the other - and how many people don't feel deserving of affection? It's one of those soul-searching books that makes you take a look at your own relationship. At least it was for me.
I love that the entire book is written while they are in the relationship. It's like you get to just stay with them through the ups and downs, and it never loses steam. They're still getting to know each other, and Christian's past is just devastating. Here's this beautiful man who has guarded himself from all affection, while being oh, so deserving of as much love that could be piled on him. He I'm not sure when I've been so lost over a character.
I said the same in my review of Fifty Shades of Grey, but this is not erotica to me. This is a beautiful, touching love story about how a broken man and woman learn to accept and compromise. Christian is broken, but still self sufficient and manly. He is super controlling, but only because he has felt so out of control. It's about how Ana learns how to love someone who has these major psychological issues. I'm not sure when another book has touched me in such a way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nook Worm Great review and I totally agree, there are no other words to better describe this book, and the whole series.