Bethzaida's Reviews > The Scorpio Races

Sep 19, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: arcs
Read in October, 2011

I wanted to read The Scorpio Races ever since I heard about it. Too bad it didn’t live to my expectations. The thing is that this book lacks dialogue and, I’m a dialogue kind of girl. I like how characters develop through it and, how they interact with each other. Sadly I didn’t find what I was looking for in this book. Sometimes there were too many pages without any dialogue and it gets kind of boring and lonely.

Another thing is that I found myself lost more than once. I don’t know if it was the use of big words or how she put them together but I was totally like “What just happened there?” and, I’m pretty sure nobody likes that. To tell you the truth it was a hassled to get into the book and finishing it.

I did think the idea of flesh eating horses was brilliant and the race was cool although it started 50 or so pages from the end of the book but, that wasn’t enough for me to give it a good review. I feel bad that I didn’t like it mostly because I loved Maggie’s previous work and her writing but hey, I have to be honest. I do know people who really enjoyed the book so maybe if you liked Maggie’s other books you might want to give it a try but be warned, The Scorpio Races is nothing like The Wolves of Mercy Fall series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scorpio Races.