Natashia's Reviews > Start Something That Matters

Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie

Oct 09, 2011

bookshelves: books-i-ve-won
Read in October, 2011

Let me start by saying, I am not generally a fan of self help books. I actually entered into a giveaway for this book because I have been a fan of TOM'S shoes from the start. Now I am not only a fan, but a believer in the concept of doing good with a profitable organization. I am also a supporter of not only the "One-for-One" concept, but also the idea that anyone can make a difference in t world if you are truly passionate and believe in a cause. Blake Mycoskie does little more than tell the story of his business and many others that have made a difference in the world. Yet it is well written, and the story sticks to your ribs like a good meal.
Whatever skepticism I may have had at the beginning of this book has been alleviated. This book is a to-the-point motivator that seeps into your soul and will inspire you to be the change you wish to see in the world. I am recommending this book to everyone I know. I'm also taking Blake's advice, and standing up for a problem I see in the world, in a way that benefits someone more than myself. This book hands you the big picture in a golden frame, and offers you the opportunity to add your own strokes to the painting. One of the best books I've read in years.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Start Something That Matters.