kari's Reviews > Dead Reckoning

2207055
Sep 19, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read in September, 2011

Best thing about this book I can sum up in two words: library book. I did not pay for the displeasure of reading this installment of this far-too-long series.
I see where we are now set up for the big ending, but then I see that the series is supposed to be completed at thirteen books so I guess there will be another book before the ending. I see how it's going to end, not what Sookie's choice will be, although I have my suspicions.
I wonder what will happen in that one. Hmmm, probably Sookie will make breakfast and clean her house, shower, brush her hair, brush her teeth, work on her tan, sit on her porch swing, go to work, go home, sleep, wake up, make tea, be involved in some supernatural stuff and have sex with whomever, maybe Eric, maybe Bill, maybe Sam or Alcide or sheesh, who knows whom?
It feels that at this point, the story should have been wrapped up several books ago. The pacing is so slow, with so many tiny details that have absolutely nothing to do with anything that we've read over so many times. By this point we pretty much know what Sookie does around the house and at work and everything in between.
One thing, the one tossed-in love scene is monkey sex. (I really don't know what that is, but it ended up with Sookie needing an ice pack on her netherparts so, um, okay, then. Is that something enjoyable? To actually do it until the area needs medical attention? [btw, these are rhetorical questions and I don't want a replay of anyone's sex life, thank you very much]) I guess I shouldn't actually call it a love scene because there is no romance to it.
I've lost interest, but having invested now reading eleven books I just want to know how the dang thing ends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Reckoning.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Beth Kari, your review was funnier and more entertaining than the book! I read all the books and I think the best were books 3 and 4 (or whenever Eric had amnesia).

kari EM wrote: "Kari, your review was funnier and more entertaining than the book! I read all the books and I think the best were books 3 and 4 (or whenever Eric had amnesia)."

I agree completely. I'm bored, but I want to know how this thing ends.

Beth Me too. I'm behind on the series True Blood too. I need all of last season to catch up. I don't care for the fairy storyline....and by the last few books I didn't even like Sookie!

kari EM wrote: "Me too. I'm behind on the series True Blood too. I need all of last season to catch up. I don't care for the fairy storyline....and by the last few books I didn't even like Sookie!"

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel. I've lost interest in True Blood this season. It's just gotten too weird for me and too many bizarre plots. I'm giving up on it.