Ira Garcia's Reviews > Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hudas

Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hudas by Bob Ong

Sep 22, 11

Read from September 20 to 21, 2011 — I own a copy

Except for the title which sounds interesting, the other parts of the books are either confusing or silly. Or was that the usual Bob Ong experience?

This is the third Bob One book I ever read (first was Stainless Longganisa and second was Alamat ng Gubat) and the worst Bob Ong book among the three. I was wondering, was he the same writer or set of writers who wrote Stainless Longganisa assuming that Bob Ong represents a group of writers working under that name?

Because this book, Ang Paboritong Libro Ni Hudas, was a little bit of disappointing. It conveys socio-political and quasi-religious message in their bite-sized forms for the incidentally apathetic and the slaphappy pinoy souls. And for the not-so-into-reading types of people too. It seemed to me like a hodgepodge of thoughts and trivial information somehow connected to each other and to the scene in afterlife it wishes to depict. A touch or a quick spin of every soda pop issue about life, politics, culture, and faith. It may sometimes be funny but lack wit. Or perhaps it has wit during the early parts of the book but it overuses a particular style leading to the auto-deterioration of humor in the punch lines. This book is definitely not fascinating for book worshippers.

The title is sayang. It should have been of better use if humor was armed with profundity and creativity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hudas.