Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R's Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James

Apr 11, 12

bookshelves: favorites, will-make-your-body-parts-quiver, spank-me-baby-bdsm, erotica-romance, tear-jerker, top-fav-2011
Recommended to Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R by: Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Recommended for: All BDSM Lovers!
Read from September 19 to 21, 2011

Astounishing, heartfelt addicting series.

I can’t even form the words to express how I felt about this novel. It’s just downright Alluring.The Hero himself is just powerful and so full of a dark tortured soul.He captivates me,on so many different levels. Without him this novel wouldn’t have been the same.

Every part of me wants to scream “BEST BOOK EVER” although I say that about many books I love.My only exception on this book is, That It “IS”. I’ve read so many BDSM novels and besides Megan Hart’s novels, no one can touch EL James! What a remarkable writer. She sure knows how to show us readers you can have your cake and eat it too.

For every positive thought,Christian Grey has,Anastasia Steele was there to bring him back to reality and prove with every powerful gene in her body to show this man."There is such thing as love,and caring” . Don’t get me wrong,I found the Heroine painfully annoying at times.She just couldn’t leave well enough alone.Ana t asked so many questions,that lead her and Christian to arguing and fighting all the time. Which was,okay a few times,just because I loved Mr.Grey’s sentiment of his “Twitching Palm”. It’s very Hot and Erotic what the man can do with his hand *blushing* Lolz! My most favorite parts to the story that I looked forward to the most were, their e-mails.They had me giggling like a schoolgirl from my younger years.It was just too cute,from there bickering, bantering to their little inside jokes.Just ADORABLE!

The previous novel left off with a gut wrenching cliffhanger,and I just thought,"how is there a second novel? What could possibly re-kindle their relationship?” I honestly thought their was no turning back with these two. I was so wrong. I enjoyed this novel even more then I did the first one. Christians secrets will leave your mind reeling with all sorts of thoughts. The man has my heart at hello. I love his undying,unconditional love he has for Ana.My heart is still sore,I just can’t stop thinking about,”what’s gonna happen next? and If Christian can really,no longer look at Ana as his Submissive,could this really work?” I sure do hope so,because there is no one else that can fill Grey’s shoes or Ana’s in the way they can complete one another. I still have my doubts.So I’m hoping for the best.This novel also ended with a cliffhanger. I can hardly wait to read how everything plays out from here.

BTW! I didn’t mention how HOT this series is did I? Well that’s because,no matter how many sex scenes,and my most favorite, SPANKINGS! LOL! Can’t overbear the main story plot of this novel.For the first time ever,I enjoyed a series and put all sexual mind thoughts aside.Which is a first for me =P Oh would you look at that,I have a first too! Ahahahaha..... All in all the series is a must-read for all BDSM Lovers out there who like their side of kink and love story too!

Interview With EL James

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.

Quotes Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Liked

E.L. James
“Let me ask you something first. Do you want a regular vanilla relationship with no kinky fuckery at all?"
My mouth drops open. "Kinky fuckery?" I squeak.
"Kinky fuckery."
"I can't believe you said that.'
"Well, I did. Answer me," he says calmly.
I flush. My inner goddess is down on bended knee with her hands clasped in supplication begging me.
"I like your kinky fuckery," I whisper.”
E.L. James, Fifty Shades Darker

E.L. James
“There's a joy in my helplessness, joy in my surrender to him, and to know that he can lose himself in me the way he wants to. I can do this. He takes me to these dark places, places I didn't know existed, and together we fill them with blinding light. Oh yes...blazing, blinding light." -Anastasia Steele”
E.L. James, Fifty Shades Darker

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen So how far did you get? I made it to 85% and fell alseep with my kindle in my hand. I am going to have to reread some parts.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R I only got to 28% :( But one things for sure, I'm so giddy!!! I'm Lovin this novel so much more!! I'm missing the emails though...

message 3: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen The emails come back. No worries. What do you like about this one more?

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Christian is trying and is more opened with Ana.That's a start! My tummy is doing somersaults,I never know in what direction this couple is headed. I'm lovin it so far =)

message 5: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Christian is so much more vulnerable in this one. Sometimes it is hard to read. It makes my heart ache for him.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R That's true,but I think he needs to change and become a better and changed person.I'm wandering how all this is gonna play out. I'm not liking Ana's doubts though. She's kinda pissin me off. he's giving her everything he can. What a wench.

message 7: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen I hate to say that I don't think she gets any better. Well maybe at about 80% she does something that I approve of. But then Christian does something that made me a little upset too.

Eh, Fifty overshadows her in my mind. She is less annoying that some heroines I have read so I can deal. She is just unworthy.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R My heart just dropped at your comment. I can take Anna's stupidity,but I can't endure Christians! SHITE! Flick,flack,freakin shite! Oh Boy! I'm having hot flashes thinking bout it. Ok,that's it,I'm not going anywhere till I pick up my kiddos from school,I'm gonna go continue reading. I feel like I haven't gotten anywhere =(

message 9: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Ok, it is not that bad! Breathe. It is just something I didn't like. I think you will understand what it is once you read it. And his reason for doing it is very valid but that doesn't mean I liked it.

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R That's still Bad.My breathing is coming back to me.I don't wanna call Chrisian an A-hole,that'll hurt my feelings. Ok! I'm going to go read,you have gone waaaaaay to ahead of me. LOL! I told ya I was a low poke =P

message 11: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen I won't get to read until bedtime tonight so you will have plenty of time to catch up!

message 12: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Excellent review. So glad you thought the resolution was good. I was hoping I hadn't steered you wrong there. It worked for me even when I didn't think it would.

And I so glad that scene with Mrs. Robinson happened. I just thought of her as a side character until she was pissed about them getting married. Turns out Ana was right about her feelings for Fifty. And thank goodness Fifty is going to ditch her!

message 13: by Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R (last edited Sep 21, 2011 11:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Thanks! I didn't think it would work for me either.I cried. Yup! I CRIED! That Scene with Leila and Grey.had me balling. I'm just glad it's over.

I hope Mrs.Robinson finds herself mopping floors! I can't stand that woman.All that needed to be done was for Grace to find out what transpired between Christian and her. I loved how Gracewent into Mama Mode! That heiffer got what she deserved!

I adored this series! I can't wait for more. I'm thinking "BABIES" hehehehe

message 14: by E.L. (new)

E.L. James Oh my... thank you Elena. So glad you enjoyed the books and thank you for reading. x

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R E.L. wrote: "Oh my... thank you Elena. So glad you enjoyed the books and thank you for reading. x"

It was my pleasure. :) It was phenomenal! Jen and I are on a mission and recommending this novel to everyone. We loved it!

message 16: by Zeek (new)

Zeek darn you guys- you're gonna make me read this arent you?

message 17: by AH (last edited Sep 26, 2011 05:05AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH Zeek wrote: "darn you guys- you're gonna make me read this arent you?"
I'll be reading it this week...You'll love Fifty!

message 18: by Shannon (new) - added it

Shannon C. Zeek did you read the first book (or fanfic version)? I read the fanfic and really liked it. I still need to get the books.

message 19: by Zeek (new)

Zeek I havent read any yet- but I def. be reading the book version. Fanfic isnt my cuppa cuppa!

message 20: by Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R (last edited Sep 26, 2011 06:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Pic up these books asap, you won't regret it :)

I would suggest to spread the word, If you plan on reading this series, "Don't read the fan Fic till after you read this series" That Fan Fic has spoilers that are crucial to book 2, it's easy to put the pieces together. :)

Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog) Great Review! Inner Goddess E with a purple Boa! This is the BEST BOOk EVER!!!!!

message 22: by Jean (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jean Tallman When I read "Fifty Shades of Gray," I thought that the only thing more moving was a Megan Hart novel. They raise similar feelings, that is for sure. And, I couldn't put either of them down! Getting "Fifty Shades of Darker" tomorrow.