Jerome Parisse's Reviews > Sacrifice

Sacrifice by S.J. Bolton

Sep 19, 11

I love this one from S.J. Bolton. As usual coming from her, a gripping, gruesome story of a hidden clinic in the Shetland Islands trafficking premature babies and murdering innocent women. The closer you get to the truth, the more horrifying the story. Tora Hamilton is a newcomer on the Islands. She has followed her husband, who was born and grew up there before leaving behind a murky past. It all starts when Tora wants to bury a dead horse and... finds the mummified body of a woman. Little does she know that her property hosts very dark secrets. And in fact, it's not just the property, but the islands themselves, and a well protected circle of murderers. Of course, Tora has to find what happened, even it means working against the police, her boss and her own husband. Yes, it is not for the faint-hearted, but having said that, as in all Bolton novels, there are few graphic details, and it is more the topic and the atmosphere of the books that make them nail-biting. I really like that in Bolton. I know I've said it before, but I think she is a fantastic writer. I can't wait for the next one!

I have already reviewed Bolton's Now You See Me, The Awakening, and Blood Harvest. Sacrifice is Bolton's first novel. You can hear her talking about the novel here:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxgl1...]

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sacrifice.