Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Call of the Highland Moon

Call of the Highland Moon by Kendra Leigh Castle

Apr 26, 08

bookshelves: 2008-reads
Read in April, 2008

WOW! Can I just say, WOW! I'm in love...with this book. With the whole 'creatures of the dark' thing going on in the publishing world lately, it's hard to find new authors who can put a different, but still intriguing, spin on any of the legends. Ms. Castle has managed to do just that with "Call of the Highland Moon". The follow-on book "Dark Highland Fire" is scheduled for release in Oct 2008 and you can bet it'll be on my to-buy list.

Carly is the successful owner of a romance bookstore called 'Bodice Rippers and Baubles'. She's also a sucker for wounded strays. But on a snowy winter's night when she finds a badly injured, really huge wolf?/dog? behind her store and takes him home...she gets way more than she bargained for.

Gideon is the future Alpha, but doesn't feel quite ready for all the responsibilities it will bring and feels somehow restless. So, he heads out from his small Scottish valley to see some of the world. The big cities he thought would be so exciting are TOO big, and TOO noisy, and TOO populous for his tastes. Somehow he ends up in a small, rural northern New York town. After he's attacked and badly injured by some rogue werewolves, he crawls off to die...only to be drawn by some incredibly lucious smell to the door of a small shop.

If you want to know what happens next, you'll just have to read this book. The author combines, history, legend, Scottish lore, and mystery to give us a new take on what these creatures are and why they exist. Fabulous job...and the hot hero, gutsy heroine and incendiary sex ain't so bad either!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Call of the Highland Moon.