Kathleen (Kat) Smith's Reviews > The Monster in the Hollows

The Monster in the Hollows by Andrew Peterson

Sneakery, betrayal, and the deadly secret of Chimney Hill. How could you not be hooked by a simple sentence on the front of the book? Well, the sentence that hooked me, kept me intrigued and on the edge of my seat for the entire book. This is a great novel and I can’t wait to sink my teeth into book four of the series. Scratch that, I think I need to start at the beginning and read the first two other books to really know the entire Wingfeather Saga! This book is definitely a stand alone book even though it is the third book in the series. Janner (Throne Warden) and older brother to Kalmar, (Next High King in line) find themselves mixed up in so many adventures and mysteries that you just have to read for yourself to see whether they come out dead or alive!

The main Characters are the three children of Esben Wingfeather, great and high King of Anniera, problem is, there is no more Anniera as it has been set afire for over nine years and is still burning. This magical island that holds many keys to the three children and their family’s heritage. The mother, Nia, Queen of Anniera has been on the run and keeping her children out of the dreaded hands of Gnag the Nameless! She has been running for so long that they family has no where else to turn other than to set sail across the Sea of Darkness if they can cross it alive to the Green Hollows, where there fellow Hollowsfolk have been keeping their borders clear of the Fang! When Nia, Janner, Kalmar and Leeli finally get to the Green Hollows, they soon find themselves more in fear of the townsfolk are saying about them then the Fang! The story line is so chalk full of mystery, sneakery, betrayal and treachery that you will not want to put the book down once you start.

I loved this book! It is a great read especially for the young reader between 12 and 21. This fantasy book really stretches your imagination and takes you into the world of the writers mind! I would rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it to anyone and everyone! Thank you Andrew Peterson for such a great story!I received this book compliments of Christian Science Fiction and Fantasy Blog Tours for my honest review and can't say enough positive things about it, then to pick up a copy for yourself and read it! You won't be disappointed!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Monster in the Hollows.