Kristen's Reviews > Start Something That Matters

Start Something That Matters by Blake Mycoskie

Nov 05, 11

bookshelves: nonfiction, firstreads
Read from October 07 to November 05, 2011

I won this book though the first reads giveaways, and am embarrassed by how long it's taken me to finish it -- mostly because it really is a very good book, even though I'm not its target audience.
Mycoskie is a genuinely talented man with good advice - best read by people who are considering starting something that matters (Duh) who haven't already immersed themselves in all the other this-is-how-this-business-got-off-the-ground books.
Mycoskie writes in a friendly, entertaining style, with insights reminiscent of Malcolm Gladwell and a lot of the business books on my husband's bookshelves. Mycoskie's got anecdotes galore that show how when you're just starting out in a business you don't need all the bells and whistles. And his personality -- energetic and enthusiastic -- comes through clearly as well.
He's truly an inspiring figure in this age of get-rich-with-financial-crap-that-doesn't-matter (and in fact hurts the rest of us) so I'm hoping that the book does well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Start Something That Matters.