Siria's Reviews > The Sandman, Vol. 6: Fables and Reflections

The Sandman, Vol. 6 by Neil Gaiman

Apr 26, 2008

bookshelves: 20th-century, fantasy, graphic-novel
Read in February, 2005

I really liked this one; Season of Mists is still perhaps my favourite, but this isn't that far behind. It's not really moving the overall story so much as fleshing out the universe, and if you know me at all, you will know that that kind of exploration is always a serious hook for me.

I though 'Fear of Falling' was perhaps the weakest - maybe because I've never really seen Morpheus as someone who would just show up randomly and start offering advice or revelation - but the rest of the stories were really wonderful. 'Ramadan' was a great story, with some gorgeous artwork (I am so glad that the colouring and stylistic wobbling of the earlier books has started to subside), and a nice kicker of an ending that actually felt like something Morpheus would do. 'August' fit in so well with how I see Augustus' personality that it was a little scary (and I know there were rumours and all, but the scene with him and Julius Caesar? *big bug eyes*) 'The Song of Orpheus' fed nicely into my Greek mythology kink, and the Greek names of the Endless made me bounce slightly.

Also, the chibi!Endless might just be the best things in the world. Ever. Hee.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sandman, Vol. 6.