Curse of the Bibliophile's Reviews > Beckoning Light

Beckoning Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Sep 18, 11

Read in September, 2011

The Beckoning light is not only a great fantasy read, it is also an excellent coming of age story where the characters have to deal with many of the same challenges growing up that we all go through. Within the first few pages I had already become attached to Charlotte. She is just so real and it was very easy to relate to her. The interactions between the characters were very well written and made it seem like you were really there with them. The imagery used in this book was amazing and the detail helped to enhance the different settings described in this book so that I could almost smell the soft fragrance of flowers.

The Characterization was very well done bringing the characters to life in a way that is very rarely seen from self published authors. The story started a little slow, but quickly picked up pace drawing the reader in with each new development. It is nice to see a YA fantasy book given so much emotion and depth without using unnecessary slang or violence. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a unique and imaginative new read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beckoning Light.