Michelle Book Briefs's Reviews > New England Witch Chronicles

New England Witch Chronicles by Chelsea Luna

Sep 19, 11

bookshelves: favorites, own, review-on-blog
Read in September, 2011

I LOVED this book! Within the first 10 pages, I was hooked! And when I say hooked, I really mean it. I could not put the book down! I read it all in one sitting. New England Witch Chronicles is well written, interesting, and it flows really well. I was sucked right into the story and I loved every second of it.

Alex, or Lex, is a really likable character. She was loyal and strong willed. Her loyalty was what I liked the most about her. I have seen one too many flaky main characters in the past year, and it was starting to annoy me. These flaky flakerson characters see a cute guy and leave their friends/current bf/long time love interest in the dust. But not Lex, no she was loyal as loyal can be. I loved that about her.

I also really liked both guys in the story. Peter is so awesome! He was always there for Lex. I want Peter for myself! He is just so cute, and such a good friend to Lex. And while James was nice and hot and not nearly as annoying as Lex initially thought, it was always Peter that I was rooting for. I never disliked James though, so that should make for an interesting dynamic in future books.

I loved how Chelsea described the manifestation of Lex's powers. The whole lights episodes reminded me of Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz. I can't wait to find out more about the history of witches in the next book. I can't wait to find out a lot of things in the next book! This series is going to be amazing!

This has been one of my favorite books that I have read in a long time! It is definitely making my top in 2011 book list! I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book. It has favorite series potential written all over it :) Get a copy of this book! Seriously, you should have ordered it yesterday!
10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New England Witch Chronicles.

Mareyes I loved this book too!!! Cannot wait for the next one..

Tnmi02 Love Peter & Lex!!!!!

Michelle Book Briefs I know they are so cute! and I know Mareyes, I want it to come out right now!

Mary We read the same book? Where she walked to Peters house and got into an unmentioned car...Someone's not hers cause that one was already trashed and got into a car crash? Which then the middle to ending of the book took place? I am unsure we read the same book. Bad book, bad.