Brea's Reviews > Ta Ta for Now!

Ta Ta for Now! by Bethany Lopez

Nov 19, 2015

liked it
bookshelves: firstreads-win
Read in September, 2011

I won this book as a Goodreads Firstreads and was very pleased after reading this. Ta Ta For Now is the candid diary of fourteen year old Melissa. Shortly after starting her freshman year of high school, Melissa soon realizes that her perfect year is not going to go as planned. With a recently turned goth best friend, and a frenemy from hell, Melissa has her year cut out for her.

Short, sweet, and right to the point, Bethany Lopez manages to accurately display the rolling emotions of a teenage girl who spills her heart out to her diary. Being a female, I totally got a kick out of this book and had sudden flashbacks to my time as a teen and found myself rapidly turning each page and gushing "oh my God, I once felt like that too!"

This book is something most young adults will be able to relate to, and every parent should read because let's face it, sometimes we all need a reminder of just how overly dramatic the lives of a fourteen year old can be. A solid 4/5 stars for me!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ta Ta for Now!.

message 1: by Bethany (new) - added it

Bethany Lopez Thank you so much for the kind review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed it and could relate! Bethany Lopez