Rebecca ♥ Matrim, Kishan, Warner ♥'s Reviews > Evernight

Evernight by Claudia Gray

Jun 23, 12

bookshelves: local-library, young-adult, romance, reviewed, paranormal, vampires
Read from September 23 to 24, 2011

Set in a gothic private school, the first few chapters I wasnt too sure about. It played out like a Taylor Swift song. She walked around all day thinking about the guy she liked, and hoping to see his face in the crowd. I wasnt sure if much was gonna happen. But then it did. Their relationship picked up for a short time before they got into a fight and she left him. Which I am glad for. I didnt want the lead to be stupid and love struck. She was love struck, but not too stupid to realize there was something about him she didnt like. But they couldnt stay away and then it was his turn (and ours) to be shocked by her behaviour. I'm not sure if I like the way the author decided to keep a vital piece of information from us for half the book. It was a strange way to reveal something that we perhaps should have known from the beginning. But as the book went on it felt normal and it was easy to forget we didnt know from the beginning. So, basically, there was a lot of adversity in their relationship to keep things interesting, and in the end there is a lot of action when they fully realize who each other are, and their worlds collide, tearing them apart. So, going into the next book, it will be a forbidden love story.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evernight.

09/23/2011 page 55