Christel's Reviews > No Rest for the Wicked

bookshelves: kresley-cole
Recommended to Christel by: Everybody in the list group
Recommended for: Paranormal romance readers
Read in May, 2008

** spoiler alert ** WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!

This is the 3rd book of the series and I am hooked bigger than a red bean on a bed of rice!!!

Sebastian did not want to be turned into a vampire, fought his brothers with everything he had left after the family castle had been ransacked and everyone either murdered or laying dying.

Kaderin the Coldhearted, a Valkyrie, was exactly that cold hearted. After losing her 2 triplet sisters in a battle a millenium before, a benevolent being deadened her to sorrow but also all other emotions.

They meet. Both of their races in a hated war. But they are each other's lifemates. Oh Boy!!!

And then there is the Hie. A tournament every 250 years for a prize. This time it is for a key that will go back in time. Kaderin wants this key so she can return and save her sisters adn return them with her to the present.

I have never been so envolved in a book. When at almost the end, when Kaderin falls in to the flames of the fyre serpent I was crying. So close but not close enough. But for what Sebastian does for her was out of true love.

Oh well another series I am hooked on.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Rest for the Wicked.

message 1: by Eastofoz (last edited May 04, 2008 11:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eastofoz Wait 'til you read the next one--OMG! I had a chuckle at "who" recommended it to you (LOL!)

Didn't you just love Sebastian :D He's probably the only Beta hero I've ever really liked. I loved when he tranced everywhere to get her!

message 2: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae Christel,
Since you like this story better than red beans on rice, well that tells me I need to bump this series up a notch...hee hee

Julie (jjmachshev) OMG Shellie,
You have GOT to read this one...another of my auto-buys...

Auntee Christel,
That comment about the 'red bean on a bed of rice' cracked me up! That sounds like something Dolly Parton would say!

Eastofoz I'm going to second Julie big time here--you've got to read this one Shell!!

Julie (jjmachshev) Scuh yeewz meah Aun tee...
That's a plumb Loo-zee-ana sayin'...boy, it's really hard to write a strong southern drawl...

Auntee LOL! And this Yankee happens to love red beans and rice! :D

message 8: by Christel (last edited May 05, 2008 05:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christel Y'all outta hear me on the telephone are in person. Hubby says I have the thickest southern drawl he has ever heard. And I love red beans and rice with sausage and chicken also. We have that for dinner at least once a week here at the house

message 9: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae Wow...this book being recommended from all of y'all makes me HAVE to read it soon. It must be Awesome!

message 10: by Daisiemae (new)

Daisiemae least you have a southern drawl...I sound MORE like a hick than a southern belle...UGH!