Lisa's Reviews > The Mercy of Thin Air

The Mercy of Thin Air by Ronlyn Domingue

Apr 26, 08

Read in April, 2008

I borrowed this book from my friend Sandra, and am glad I did. The main character, Raziela Nolan, has a passionate love affair with Andrew O'Connell in the late 1920s. Beautiful, intelligent, and determined to go to medical school during a time when women were expected to just be wives and mothers, Raziela has her entire life ahead of her. On the cusp of telling Andrew she intends to marry him, Razi dies in an accident. She spends the next 70 years "in between," roaming the earth as a ghostly presence. Scared to find out what happened to Andrew after she died, Razi is never quite at ease.

She haunts a home owned by a couple, Amy and Scott, after Amy purchases a desk once owned by Andrew. Razi comes to realize there is a connection between Amy and herself. Razi continues to search for clues about Andrew as she confronts her past.

This was a quick, terrific read. At the heart of it, it's a novel about how love endures in death.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mercy of Thin Air.