Ally Atherton's Reviews > Forbidden Mind

Forbidden Mind by Karpov Kinrade

Sep 21, 11

Read from September 18 to 20, 2011

Sam is nearly 18 and has the ability to read people's minds. For as long as she can remember she has lived with other children with amazing powers and has been looked after by Rent- A-Kid. Some can walk through walls, others can tell if people are lying. All her needs have been met and throughout her life they have sent her on various assignments where she uses her gifts to help others.
But one day a boy arrives through the doors who can also read minds and she discovers that all is not as it seems. Rent-A-Kid has promised that she can leave when she turns 18 but Drake informs her that they have other, more sinister plans. The world that she has known starts to crumble at her feet and she has to escape before it's too late.

This is a wonderful little page turner, well written and full of imagination and originality. I loved the main character and could really feel her fear and her world being ripped apart at the seams. 'Forbidden Minds' is a YA book but this 40 year old bloke enjoyed it and maybe will have to read more from this genre.
I would recommend anyone of any age to try this book and I'll have to read more from Kimberley Kinrade It's nice to read something different and twisty, something that makes my imagination go into hyperdrive.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forbidden Mind.