Aaron Maurer's Reviews > Geek Wisdom: The Sacred Teachings of Nerd Culture

Geek Wisdom by Stephen H. Segal

Sep 18, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read in September, 2011

This is a great read to have on your bedside or bathroom or in your work bag. It is not one of those books where you sit down on page 1 and just read straight through. I found myself bouncing around finding a quote that struck a chord with me and then reading the short essay.

This book will be in my collection and will be read over the course of a long time. Not because it is bad, but because I will read at moments when I just need some good old geek talk. I really liked reading the various quotes and remembering certain geek moments that I forgot all about.

One thing that I think this book should have is a companion website. I was looking online, but could not find one. Can you imagine how cool of an idea it would be to take this book and the basic concept, place it online and allow other geeks to add entries. Our very own Geek Wikipedia. That would be so cool.

Once again, I have hit a nice steak of excellent books. This one was a departure from the chapter book style and offered me little geek insights that I found very entertaining. Be sure to check this out at your bookstore over coffee and I guarantee you will walk out with this book in your hands.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Geek Wisdom.